2011 was a great year for birding for me. This year I saw eastern birds I had never seen before. I was able to see 145 year birds and 61 life birds. I was hoping to break the 200 barrier, so I’ll try for that next year (starting tomorrow!).
1. Long-tailed Duck (Toronto, Lake Ontario)
2. Tufted Titmouse (Central Park, NYC)
3. Great Gray Owl (our farmyard)
4. Wilson’s Snipe (across the road from our farmyard)
5. Western Meadowlark (the pasture across the road from our farmyard)
6. Yellow-rumped Warbler (the woods down the road)
7. Ruddy Duck (the slough across the road)
8. Common Merganser (the slough across the road)
9. Turkey Vulture (provincial park near town)
10. Pine Grosbeak (the woods down the road)
Happy New Year and happy birding in 2012!